Thursday, November 14, 2013

Radio

I found the lecture on radio to be very informative. I had little information about radio going into the lecture. All I had ever really known about radio was that it had a ton of station and got really fuzzy on car trips when we went through the mountains. My only complaint is that it was a shortened class that day and I wish we had had a bit more time to go over it.

The thing that seemed to be most important about radio was the fact that it was live. This really set the basis for television. The fact that it was live allowed for news to be delivered to the public in a more timely fashion. This intrigued me because before, most of my exposure to radio had been to bad music stations that were all prerecorded. I had never really thought of it as being live, but it was obviously different then.

The other thing that really struck me about radio was how big of a deal radio DJ's were. The fact that they were like celebrities was such an odd concept to me because the current DJ's are far from it. Radio DJ's had the ability to make of break people's music and have an immense influence over music and culture.

All in all, This was a good lecture that I feel could have been given a bit more time in class. I learned it had the first live news and  influential DJ's.

No comments:

Post a Comment