Thursday, September 26, 2013

Recordings

For whatever reason I didn't find the lecture on recordings to be nearly as interesting as some of the past ones. It was probably due to the fact that we had shortened classes that day but I found it harder to concentrate and I was loosing focus. Despite the fact I found it a bit dull, there was still some interesting information. One such tidbit was how before recorded information bards would put news into songs and travel between towns to deliver the news. Learning how music has changed from a social interaction to something done individually was also an interesting thing I learned. To some degree I wish it was more of a social interaction but at the same time I don't think I could ever stand to listen to what everyone else listens to. If we had had a regular class length and had been able to go more in depth I would have probably enjoyed it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment